1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Position manager report

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be cool to have a report item or a tab in the data view where you could see an overview of your fly bars with their height, weight and number of fixtures. Since we can prepare ourselves so well in wysiwyg you need to have your fly around at the right height to get the desired result. Right now I always go to the properties of the pipe and then insert a text item to show the height.

2. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Hi Floriaan,

This is allready possible in reports. In the view options you tick "Z" value to be visible. If you use the position manager too, you can make a report including heights.
    You'll have to set "fixture detail" to Fixtures for XYZ values to show up.

Hope this helpes,

Bhagat

3. Floriaan

I will try right away! Thank you!

4. Floriaan

I have tried the solution you mentioned, but unfortunately it is not what I am after. I only want to see the height of each flybar once (with it's total weight, number of fixtures and possibly the amount of Circuit names aka number of multi's), not the height of every single fixture for each flybar, resulting in a very long list.

5. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

In that case you can try the "Group by Position" option. Now you get a report per position, each with its own tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. ( prints per position)
    Unfortunatly it is not possible to add circuits too. Also adding weight of cabling etc is not possible in Wyg. You'll just have to play with it, and perhaps it will be implemented someday.

6. Floriaan

Ha! Yes, I know the group by position function, but if you then minimize each position, you cannot see the height anymore...
    It's just that theatres love to receive a list of which bar goes to which height and if it's not going to be overweight (or in older systems, how they have to load their counterweights).
    I can see a good use of this, especially in combination with the Blacktrax system.