1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Problem with AMD 7990

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Sergei, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Sergei

Sergei New Member

Hi, I gat a problem with my video card
    I use AMD 7990 but when I work in live mod MSI Afterburner show me that work only one video CPU.
    Can U help me with that?

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Sorry Sergei, but we have never tested with this video card. We know for certain that similar cards from nVidia work, and since AMD's CrossFireX technology is similar to NVidia's SLI, there should be no problem there. That said, we make no special provisions within WYSIWYG to take advantage of these technologies (i.e. there is no code in WYSIWYG that says "if an SLI/CrossFireX setup is detected do something special") so whatever performance gains come from using such a setup are from the driver and hardware only. Our testing on a dual-SLI setup has revealed that performance only increases by 15-20% at best when compared to using a single GPU (of the same type, of course). For this reason, we always recommend purchasing a single/single-GPU video card first, optimizing the file and the Shaded View and video card settings, and then deciding if a second or a dual-GPU video card is actually worth it.

All this said, I am hoping that perhaps someone else on here is using this video card and can offer some advice to you.

Good luck,

Dany

#2 Dany, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016