1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

R38 CAD import

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Lumi_Jay, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Hello,

This is the fifth project I work on in R38, all of those projects needed an import from a DWG.
    Each time I try to convert the DWG in R38 with fixture replacement, the software crashes.
    The same conversion in R37 works flawlessly.

Are you guys aware of this problem?

2. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | Product Manager | CAST Software

Hi Lumi_Jay,
    Thanks for your report of this CAD importing issue. Yes, we are aware of the Fixture Block importing issue that was introduced in R38.

There is a quick workaround for you that should solve this issue for you immediately in R38... just start a blank file, and then go to FILE>Merge, and merge in the DWG file which is causing this problem. It should import without a problem, as it did for my test file which crashes when I follow your explanation. If this is still an issue for you after using my proposed workaround, then I'd like you to send in your file to our tech support team, techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com

We will have this issue resolved in an R38 Update coming soon.

Cheers,
    Dino

3. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Hello,

No worries, I am using my old R37 to convert the CAD then returning to R38 once the wyg file is stable.
    Just wanted to make sure you guys are aware.

All the best,

J

4. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | Product Manager | CAST Software

hi Lumy_Jay,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, using R37 is another way you can do this too, but if you want to just use R38, please try the Merge option.

Thanks again for making sure we were aware of this issue. We'll have it resolved for everyone soon.
    -Dino