1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

R38 install error

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by lhdxb_adrian, Jun 11, 2017.

1. lhdxb_adrian

lhdxb_adrian New Member

Error loading C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG\bin\LxVista.dll

Im having this error whenever i open the wyg.exe file.. also the installation got interrupted by anti-virus i doesn't show the file folder location i want to re install of the R38.

How some could help me with this.

Thanks

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

1st I would disable the anti-virus for the installation process. That would avoid any corruption made by any false positives in the anti-virus program.
    That may also clear up the LXvista.dll issue. But as you don't state which operating system your on; I only assume you may be using windows 10 or a mac which may have an issue with LXVista.dll file. But that would be more a tech support reply over anything I could offer as guidance.
    From my way of reading your post. I say disable the anti-virus and try reinstalling. set your setup file as Administrator and your wyg.exe file as Administrator and see if you have the same issues.

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi,

Regarding the failed installation, as Jason said, and as stated when the WYSIWYG installer starts, anti-virus utilities should be disabled during installation. Please refer to the following thread (sticky in the Tech Support subforum here) for information on how to proceed if you are unable to install or uninstall: http://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/cleaning-out-failed-installations-uninstallations.468/.

The LxVista.dll error stems from the proprietary Jands Vista Connectivity Driver having been installed at some point in the past, but not having been removed properly (i.e. uninstalled it): the .DLL itself is now gone (likely from it having been manually deleted from the C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG\bin\LxVista.dll directory, or from the directory itself having been removed), but the Windows Registry still tells WYSIWYG to load it during startup--which it obviously cannot do, so it displays that error message. (Had the Driver been uninstalled properly--i.e. with its uninstaller--it would have removed the registry entry along with the .DLL, and the error would not have come up.)

To get rid of the error, run the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > CAST Lighting Limited > Protocol Manager registry, and locate the JandsVista key within. Right-click on this, and select Delete from the pop-up menu that appears, confirm the operation and then close the Windows Registry Editor. ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT DELETE OR MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES WITHIN THE WINDOWS REGISTRY EDITOR! Once this is done, the error will no longer appear.

(The same may be done when other such .DLL loading errors appear as WYSIWYG is strarting up, but please do not simply start deleing keys at random! If you cannot determine which particular key to delete in order to stop an error, please email us at techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com with the error details and we will be happy to assist you.)

Cheers,

Dany

4. lhdxb_adrian

lhdxb_adrian New Member

Thanks Dany for the help

Its sorted now ;-)