1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Request: Selection groups

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Lumi_Jay, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Hello,

Feature suggestion/request:
    I love the fixture group option in wyg, I would like to bring this idea a step further, being able to make custom groups with anything in the plot (Any type of 3D Mesh, any type of 2D polys).
    Example: I have a square thruss with lights all around, a video screen in the center, couple of speakers around the square. I'd like to be able to quickly access this whole 'object' via a 'Selection Group' to move/copy/etc.

Sure I could bring them all on the same layer, or make a scene with only this object, but that tends to be a long and tedious project while clients have less and less budget for us to spend time in the wyg files.

I could also put them all in a Layer Group, but that tends to scrap my layer workflow, I do not ever use layer group.

I could also group all of the objects, but then changing texture/material settings wouldn't be as straightforward and I'd have to group/un-group all the time.

Cheers, can't wait to see your point of view on this :)

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Lumi_Jay,

Thank you for your suggestion! This is a great idea, and we are definitely considering implementing Selection Groups.. I do not think it will be possible to add this in R39 (due this summer), but maybe we can do it for R40 which is due at the end of the year.

Dany