1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Request Warehouse modul : working with a parc : flight case mode ?

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by ben, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ben

ben Active Member

Hello I' stopped the freelancing to be a member of rental and production compagny called: Public Address ...
    So now I've to work with a warehouse parc, and when I'm drawing I always have in minds to limite the subcontract.

So i'm working with shortcuts for fixture and trusses but I m looking for a way to know how pieces of h30v050, h30v200 gh30v300 I still have in parc by this way I know if I can use an h30v300 or if I've to use an h30v200 and h30v100 for example...
    When my drawings is over , i only need to retype it in the logistic software (and in a wonderfull world, import wyg list directly into logistic sofware who's called locmat )

I'm looking in the flight case direction but If I'm not wrong it only works for fixture and not for truss, library object...

If anyone as an idea , I will be happy !!!

thank you !!!

#1 ben, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

I've had the same thoughts before, if I understand correctly:

You are thinking of a warehouse module for wyg, or in a simpler form: an inventory number of each type of truss. So you can't use 9pcs h30v200 if you only have 8pcs in your warehouse.

This is not currently a part of wyg, but what you can do is see the amount of truss used in the report called Truss Count. -but I guess you maybe know this one?

The Flightcase part of wyg is a way to have spare fixtures added to the number of fixtures in the drawing. So if you Unhang a fixture instead of deleting it, the fixture will end up in the Flightcase and add that number to the number of used fixtures in the drawing.

I've made some small tests some time ago with using Flightcase like you say, unhanging 8pcs FixtureType1, 24pcs FixtureType2 and so on, but it's just not practical.

3. ben

ben Active Member

thank you for your answer!!!
    You understand correctly , sorry for my English ;)
    this is exactly what I need !!! because actualy I m doing the work 2 times... Or I've to switch between report and the logistic sofware...
    I'll change the name of the post with request inside...