1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Retrieve Item Data

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

The function "Retrieve Item Data" that was introduced in wyg a few versions ago, is not very useful for me at the moment. It looks simply not finished. It has quite a bit of potential to become one of my favourite tools.

For it to be useful for me I would like to see the following:
    - trusses need to be seen as a grouped whole truss, instead of sections (so three assembled 2 meter trusses, as one 6 meter hang structure instead of three)
    - flybars and pipes need to be recognised as a retrievable data item as well
    - the total weight (truss self weight plus fixture weights) need to be selectable as TW for trusses only.
    - the fixture weight (as it can be done now) needs to be selectable as FW
    - the hang structure "position name" should be selectable in recent items. Now you can only see multiple times the same truss model name, although there is this strange motion of 'alias' that you can assign nowhere as far as I know.
    - the items that you can insert in your text field should have section tick boxes, so you can select multiple items in one go
    - ideally you can create one 'template text box' that you can assign to rigging points, fixtures or hang structures, so it is very fast and easy to make labels for these items. That way, you can change the height of a truss or add fixtures and the label will update accordingly.
    - The load of each rigging point could be calculated (so if a truss hangs streight and is carried by three rigging points, the TW of that truss should be divided by three and indicated as point weight or PW).
    - You should be able to show the total amount of rigging points for each hang structure plus which one you are looking at ([1 of3], [2 of 3], [3 of 3] for a truss that is carried by three rigging points)

The last things would require some work in the rigging point area first, but I want to put it on my wish list regardless.

I would like to easily label my flybars as follows:

====================== LX 1 - trim 7.5 mtr. - FW 95 kg.
    or:
    ====================== LX 2 - 7.5 mtr. - 15 kg.
    etc.

My trusses like this:
    ======================
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ TRUSS F.O.H. - trim 10 mtr. - FW 35 kg. - TW 135 kg.
    ======================

Rigging points like this:

|
    - (0) - RiggingPoint 12 - [1 of 3] TRUSS F.O.H. - TW 135 kg. - PW45
    |

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

3. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Updates to the Retrieve Item Data feature will come in one of next year's releases.