1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Rigging Points Cordinates

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Stigrs87, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Stigrs87

Stigrs87 Member

Hello!

Am I right that the cordinates only take info from the Original document view origin/zero position?
    I have defined a new View Origin and the cordinates does not adjust to this.

Cordinates should be assignable to points and lines.

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Yes, that is correct and by design: Rigging Points will follow the Document Origin (i.e. the 'absolute'/unchangeable 0,0,0 coordinate in the file) or the User Origin (if this is set), but never the View Origin. This is because if you have rigging points in your file and you are looking two Wireframes at the same time, one set to its own View Origin and the other set to the Document or User Origin, the Rigging Points' coordinates would be different between the two Views, making things extremely confusing.

Sorry, but I don't think I understand what you mean by "Cordinates should be assignable to points and lines."... Both Points and Lines can be drawn/placed at specific coordinates--by typing the coordinates while these objects are being drawn (as opposed to simply clicking with the mouse).

Cheers,

Dany

3. Stigrs87

Stigrs87 Member

Hi Dany, thank you for your reply.

What i mean is.. Say that i want all my rigging point cordinates to originate from front center of my stage. I could then just draw a point there and assign my rigging points to measure out from there. Could be handy if there is a multiple rooms in my drawing and if the 0,0,0, point is not optimal.

EDIT:

I meant User origin.
    According to the reference guide you Go TOOLS/Set User origin to set mye new user origin.
    But in R40 the only option in the Tools menu is to set view origin.
    Also on the Tools toolbar i click on the "Set user origin" button but it sets view origin instead and the cordinates on my Rigging points does not change.

#3 Stigrs87, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018