1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

rotate video

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by ben, May 24, 2016.

1. ben

ben Active Member

Hello is a way to rotate video, as texture or picture ?

I would play an "orizontal video on a losange, dice ... for that i drew a squre screen and rotate it for 45°, but I can't rotate the video ...

Any Idea ?

thank you !!!

2. ben

ben Active Member

hello nobody can help me ?
    During the event I'll use a media server do do this , but not at the office...
    thank you

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Ben,

This feature will be available in R37, which is due to be released next month. In R36, there is a workaround for it, but it only works with Surface objects, not Screen objects: draw the Surface, and rotate it (like you did the Screen); go to its Properties add a Texture from the Library to it and set its Texture Rotation to the same angle as that to which you rotated the Surface; click the Video Source option (and create the Video Source if needed). The Texture Rotation dropdown will become disabled, but the angle will be maintained. For more information, please have a look at the sample .wyg file I attached here (video included as well).

In R37, the Texture Rotation dropdown will be enabled when the Video Source option is selected.

Hth,

Dany

Attached Files:

#3 Dany, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  4. ben

ben Active Member

Ok, thank's for the workaround!!!
    it will be ok like that for the moment
    Capture.JPG

5. ben

ben Active Member

Hello cool it works now with surface , but it's too bad that the option is not available with screen object...

6. ben

ben Active Member

test video.PNG

roygbiv likes this.
  7. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

This may be possible in the future, but Screen objects are really not all that different from Surface objects... just remember to enable the Ignore Ambient Light option when using a Surface (if this is something you wish to do, of course); unlike for Screen objects, this is not enabled by default for Surfaces.

8. ben

ben Active Member

I didn't know that option ... cool

9. ben

ben Active Member

hello every body, ive the same problem than before , but with led screen , How can I rotate de picture ?
    thanks

10. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Hey ben
    I just tried messing around with doing just that, and I can't seem to make anything work, however in R38 (which is in beta now), you'll have the ability to cheat a bit.
    In R38 you can use pictures with alpha channels and look and light through them (see attached). Then you could mask out your LED pitch on a surface or riser right before the "Screen" riser. I made an example with two fine gentlemen from Cast; Gil Densham and Dino Mazza (I hope you guys don't mind). Hope this gives an idea of the possibilities. This is quite fun to mess around with, and can fx save you from a LOT of annoying subtractions in making scenographic elements.

Hope this helps - if you want to be part of the beta program, ask Dino :)

Attached Files:

11. ben

ben Active Member

Ok thank you I'll will wait for the r38...

For now I'm using a surface with transparency at 80% to simulate transparent led screen (when they are not square ...), but it's not also realist as the led wizard...