1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

selection count

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Jesperspier, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Hi,

I don't know if someone already made a wish of this function, but i would love to have a kind of selection count.
    What i mean, is that i can select a group of truss/fixtures etc and can get a itemlist (as "Blockcount" on Autocad).
    As far as i know, selection details now only gives me number of OBJ, FIXT an CKT on the lower screen.

Why i need this? Many times i draw a lager venue with different area's. When i make a item list on my hardware rentall program, i want to select a section of the drawing so i can specify the materials by area.

Hopefully i'm didn't read the manual that good and is it already possible... Otherwise, for me it will be a big + to the software!
    (i would love the next working way; Select an area on CAD mode > rightmouse > Item List > "Pop up with all selected materials"

Thanks

2. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Anybody home at Cast? A form only works if you reply:rolleyes:

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Sorry for the late reply Jesper,

This is a great idea! We've made note of it and I am already thinking about how we could even expand beyond what you suggested.. For example, we could introduce the concept of "areas" to WYSIWYG. An "area" could be a simple bounding box (of any shape) which would essentially make everything within its boundary act as a Group, but without actually.. well, GROUPING the items. :) Areas could then be used in Reports (similar to, but I believe much more useful than, Scenes), they could be used to create fully-formatted item reports as per your suggestion, or even to have common properties applied to the objects within (regardless of what these objects are).

Yea.. I definitely like this! :) Thanks again!

Dany

4. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Hi Dany,

Thanks to the reply! You "areas" concept sounds great!
    I'll look forward to it :D