1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Shaded View Export options

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by roygbiv, Jul 24, 2017.

1. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

Hey guys

I would love the possibility in the export shaded view, to be able to export to all white surfaces with black/grey (well, or whatever color) edges.
    I could almost do that if I made all of my textures white, but I have no way of making the edges black (cartoony)...

In the early drafting of a projects I've wanted to able to do this, however the result usually look way too dull. I'm aware that I can use the Ambient Occlusion effects, but this is not the look I'm after.

Any advice/tricks?
    Otherwise, this can be categorised as a feature request :)

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Bo,

You can do this already, by enabling the Wireframe Geometry option (along with the Disabled Textures option) in the Shaded View's View Options > General tab. You can see a sample of this in the image I attached here.

Please note that (for the time being) it is not possible to hide the objects' "internal geometry lines".

Cheers,

Dany

Attached Files:

3. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

Hi Dany
    Of course, I forgot you could use 'Wireframe Geometry' and in combination with 'Disabled textures' it's almost what I'm looking for, but other than disabling all surfaces I would change them to a solid color.
    If the wireframe can be black (or by layer), and the surface of structures can be e.g. white.

Think of it as a "shaded view highlight" feature. The 2D hightlight is very cool, but more often I need it in 3D :) I specific structure can then be another color like pink or something.
    That way the image can be easily masked in other software if needed.