1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Shortcut new file annoyance!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by roygbiv, May 16, 2014.

1. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Hi guys

Just had a session where I more than once accidently pressed Ctrl+N (new file) instead of Ctrl+M (move).

The "new file" dialog only asks you if you want to save a copy of your file yes/no and then opens a new file.

This is very annoying to say the least! first time it happened, I just thougt "well, it asks me if I want to open a new file, I'll just press no"........ what happens next is of course, the changes since last save is discarded and an empty file opens. -fortunately it was five minutes worth of work being lost, but could've been ...well it all.
    Second time it happens I read the actual text and saved the file, and it then opens an empty file.

PLEASE add a Cancel option to this dialog - and please do it soon (haven't had the chance to try the R33 beta yet, so can't tell if it has been fixed.)

Thank you :)

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Bo,

We already discussed via tech support email, and confirmed (by testing performed by yourself and us) that this is not an issue. I still cannot imagine what may have caused the "Cancel" button to disappear, but since nothing like this was ever reported by anyone else, it could simply be attributed to some kind of a glitch on the system--I wish I had a better explanation.

Cheers,

Dany