1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Sometimes beams disappear

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Jesperspier, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Sometimes when i use "Export to Image..." on a shaded view, the beams are not "rendered" to the exported file?!
    It's on R32 and R33 Beta. More people have this? I tried on multiply systems (ATI and Nvidia Cards)
    beams.jpg beamsgone.JPG

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hello Jesperspier,

I am sorry to hear of this trouble. We have not experienced such an issue in-house, nor has it been reported to us by anyone else. A few questions:

1. Does this happen with one file or with multiple files?
    2. You imply that this does not happen all the time: can you provide the exact steps which always lead to an export in which beams are not visible (but footprints are)? For example, does it only happen when a certain Shaded View option is enabled?
    3. There are three ways to "export" the Shaded View from WYSIWYG: grabbing a screenshot (i.e. by pressing the 'Print Screen' key on the keyboard or using a screengrab utility), saving an Image to PRES mode's Images tab and then exporting that, and actually Exporting.. do all three of these yield the same results?
    4. If this only happens when a specific sequence is followed (as per question 2, above here), does the way in which you export (as per question 3, above here) make a difference, or is the "export method" irrelevant, in that once the problem occurs it will always occur?
    5. You say that you tried this on multiple systems: were any of these systems Macs by any chance? (Does it ONLY happen on Mac systems?) If so, please provide details with regards to how you are running Windows on the Macs: via Parallels, or BootCamp? (Note that we do not support VMware Fusion.)
    6. What version(s) of Windows is running on the systems where you checked for this problem?

It would also help if you could please send one or two of the files where you've experienced this issue to t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--please note that this information must match the information that appears in CAST Software's database for the dongle. (You may reply to the questions above in that same email--and I will take care of posting the resolution for this issue here, later on.)

Cheers,

Dany

3. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Hi Dany, Here some answers:

1. Does this happen with one file or with multiple files? Multiple
    2. You imply that this does not happen all the time: can you provide the exact steps which always lead to an export in which beams are not visible (but footprints are)? For example, does it only happen when a certain Shaded View option is enabled? I Can't bind it to a certain option.
    3. There are three ways to "export" the Shaded View from WYSIWYG: grabbing a screenshot (i.e. by pressing the 'Print Screen' key on the keyboard or using a screengrab utility)Then i see beams, saving an Image to PRES mode's Images tab and then exporting that Then i see beams, and actually Exporting Then i cant see beams.. do all three of these yield the same results? (there is a fourth, Right mouse> Copy Image to Clipboard. Then i see beams also...
    4. If this only happens when a specific sequence is followed (as per question 2, above here), does the way in which you export (as per question 3, above here) make a difference, or is the "export method" irrelevant, in that once the problem occurs it will always occur? Once it occurs on one file, it always occur to that file. Close/re open file won't help.
    5. You say that you tried this on multiple systems: were any of these systems Macs by any chance? (Does it ONLY happen on Mac systems?) If so, please provide details with regards to how you are running Windows on the Macs: via Parallels, or BootCamp? (Note that we do not support VMware Fusion.) Only tried on Window 7/8 systems with Itel I5/I7 specs.
    6. What version(s) of Windows is running on the systems where you checked for this problem? 7/8

It would also help if you could please send one or two of the files where you've experienced this issue to t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--please note that this information must match the information that appears in CAST Software's database for the dongle. (You may reply to the questions above in that same email--and I will take care of posting the resolution for this issue here, later on.)
    In your mailbox now!

Cheers,

Thanks!

4. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Solved!
    I updated my ATI driver yesterday (AMD Catalyst 14.4). Last night Windows 7 had some updates. En guess what?
    I works again! I don’t know what there’s changed, but it works.
    (didn't check my Nvidia system, if i don't report here anymore, it works also)
    :D