1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Truss angle Questions

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Alex Quint-Pugsley, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Alex Quint-Pugsley

Alex Quint-Pugsley New Member

Hey all,

I'm on the newer side to WYG and have a couple questions about adjusting the angles of truss. What I am looking to do is just set a vertical angle for some truss being hung. So lets say I want the upstage point of the truss at 15' and the downstage point at 30' Where is this done in WYG?

Also is there a fanning tool that I can use to do the same across multiple trusses for X and Y axis? Such as the align function on an MA2.

Thanks!

-AQP

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

Hi Alex,
    Most of the Cast guys are returning from LDI over the next few days. but I'm sure one of the Cast Soft guys may chime in here.

For what you are describing sounds like you just need to go to your side view and do a rotation (Ctrl+R) procedure.
    I would align your truss bottom to the 15' mark in the side view and then use center snap and to rotate the bottom 45 deg. upward. you can either type in 45 and hit enter, or just use the mouse to rotate and watch the angle in the bottom right corner of the status bar to see the angle you are at.

As to the fanning. I know you can align all the trusses to the same start point but if you like to fan it either upwards or DS/US wise. may have to just select which trusses you like to fan out and use the X,Y, locks to move either up/down or US/DS.

There is a fanning tool in the Cad View but as I'm not in front of computer, I never thought of trying fanning trussing this way or if its even possible to use the fanning tool on truss.

Answer may be a bit vague as I'm not in front of my system, but it should get you in the right direction. Dany always been great at the detailed know hows of Wysiwyg.

Jason.

3. Alex Quint-Pugsley

Alex Quint-Pugsley New Member

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply, I was able to rotate the truss with better luck using the center point snap.

-QP