1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Venues

Discussion in 'Vivien Event Designer' started by Mark Dalessandro, May 7, 2018.

1. Mark Dalessandro

Mark Dalessandro New Member

Hi,

Is there a place where other Vivien (or WYSYWIG) users are sharing venues that they have drawn or imported for 3D use for projects? There are several DWG sites on the Internet, I am just curious if one excists for Cast-Soft somewhere as I can't seem to find anything when searching.

Thanks!

2. sanderloonen

sanderloonen Member

Hi Mark,
    That would be great.
    I tried it a few years ago with a very widely shared dropbox. but then someone deleted everything and it stopped working...
    if it doesn't exist, maybe someone with some more experience can set up a GIT hub or something?

Sander

3. Mark Dalessandro

Hey Sander,

Thanks for the reply. I'll make something at some point that is shareable to the Vivien / WYSIWYG group and try to post it here. Would you happen to still have the venues that used to be in your dropbox?

4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

I wonder if Cast may be able to make something here on the forum in which we could u/l requested venues. kind of like the MA share for fixtures on that website.
    This way there may be a little control over the files and will also be a good way to have people come to the forum.

I just think FB and private sites is a short term solution and not a secure solution.

I know I though of this a few times but unless I'm touring which is less often now. my three locals for venues is really only Toronto,Calgary and Edmonton. of which is just a small collection.

5. Mark Dalessandro

Hi Jason,

Maybe Cast can do something. My plan was to mirror something I have seen elsewhere. See the link below:

http://designsmithco.com/venue-library/

You have to sign up and be verified, and from what I can see the DWG files are download only. Instead of using jstreetproductions.com, I would buy something relevant like castlibraryfiles.com or similar and make it public in the forums here. They seem to be using wordpress and some plug-ins to manage the members area, but I think I can figure out how to do this relatively quickly (between my day job and other responsibilities haha).

I am sure your small collection would be welcome. If we all get together, at some point the venue library will be a compelling library and make the cast products more useful.

6. sanderloonen

sanderloonen Member

Hi Mark,

I do still have that folder in my dropbox.
    but as Jason says and previous experience taught me...
    I am reluctant to openly share the link.

send me a email at sanderloonen (at) g_mail.com
    without the __

and I can share it with you.

Sander