1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Wall texture not showing properly

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Sebastiaan van der Haven, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Sebastiaan van der Haven

Hi everyone

I've imported a DWG file into my drawing, which contains an accurate 3D scan of a building. I want to add textures to all elements, like the walls, but it ends up looking like the attached image. Of course, this is due to the fact that the wall isn't completely flat. What can I do to make the texture look good?

texture_example.JPG

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I think you should draw a simple surface snapped to the wall and put the texture on that surface. The polygons in the original make the texture go weird.
    What I tend to do is make a separate scene called “render” with only the layers that I use to get an accurate render and put the rest of the layers into a scene called “Plot”. You can set your shaded view to always show the Render scene and your layouts to always show your Plot scene. This way you can avoid double surfaces or extra lines in your layouts.

3. Sebastiaan van der Haven

Thanks for the info. I'm not really into wysiwyg just yet, so I think I've got a lot of work up ahead. I just gonna start and see how it goes.