1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

ways to make it more European friendly

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by nigel e, Jun 21, 2017.

1. nigel e

nigel e New Member

How can I make WYSIWYG automatically open in metric measurements and change things like colour frames to named frames i.e Source 4 zoom frame, Cantata pc frame rather than their sizes, no one I know works that way, it would make reports easier to understand

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

to change measurements you can just select 'Options' then 'Document Options' then 'Draw defaults' and in top left corner of the window you can select Metric or Imperial. then reboot the program

you can also make a template file with your settings selected and drop that into the {Wysiwyg Files/template Files/WYT/} files folder. (make sure file saved as a template file 'filename.wyt'

As for frame sizes. I agree I wish it call them the way I do. but hey it's a program for world wide use and everyone has there own way of naming things.
    perhaps if you put in a request to the Cast guys they can take a look at adding a user 'Nickname' feature that you can save with your user data and or file. then you can call up when needed. and everyone can call it the way they call the frames.
    after all for me a S4 Leko 19-36 deg frame is a S4 cut. a 10deg is a S4 med cut and a 5deg is a S4 big cut. a standard S4 Par cut is called S4Par frame and trooper spot I call a slide frame since they slide into the holder.. everyone has there own way of naming things. Cast just pick one that everyone knows.

If your asking for this feature you may as well ask for them to connect the frame to the barrel size and this may solve some issues I ran into where the LD selected the tube (barrel) but didn't catch the frame size and we had ordered the wrong gel stock for the show.

And if your looking for a request I will say from practice. email the guys at Cast and they are quick to reply and see if there is a work around or if they will add it to the list of features to explore down the road. you be surprised.. may take a few builds or could be the next build you see your request.

Jason