1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

What platform do you want to use Wysiwyg on?

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Oct 31, 2018.

?

What platform do you want to use Wysiwyg on?

1. Windows

2. Mac OS

3. iOS

4. Android

5. ChromeOS

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I would be interested to know

2. Diogo Silva

Diogo Silva New Member

Hey Floriaan,
    That's a good topic

In my opinion, I would (of course) like to have Wysiwyg for both Mac and Windows platforms just because almost 80% of the technicians I know have Mac OS for first choice, but I understand that it is a major change in the company and probably the software itself. It would cost tons of money and time for Cast team to do that.

Other important thing for me is the cost of a machine capable enought to run big shows.
    You are far more capable of buying a Windows system with better specs than a Mac with the same price range.
    Of course you can build an extremely powerful MAC system, but if you go with Windows, you will probably need less money to build it.

Just my opinion, please let me know if you disagree with this.

3. DrewAVM

DrewAVM Member

I'd love a native Mac application. I currently run Wyg in Parallels on Mac, runs ok but the 3D parts of the program are too dark, and there's no way of adjusting it! Currently I have to keep boosting my monitors Gamma whenever I'm working in 3D, and then turning it back down to view any images I save.

4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

Windows and Mac be the two I see. Mac would be an overhaul so it take the end users requesting a lot for it to happen.
    Ios, android, Chrome. maybe a viewer app but not a design feature. it just wouldn't make sense to me. and screens are so small. that be a gui overhaul and not in a good way be my feelings.