1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Wireframe details

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Lumi_Jay, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Sorry, but what's the issue?

3. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Sorry Dany, that was such a bad post for tech support.

See attached pic

wygbug2.jpg

The wireframe detail are overlapping multiple information. (Patch, Spot, Channel)
    If you can see, I have a toolbar on top of the pop-up, the text is also overlapped by different values.
    This happens on two different computers as well.

Hopefully I am a little more clear :)

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Ah, there we go. Thanks Jay!

Hmm.. definitely a weird one that I can't recall anyone else reporting. What resolution is your display panel/monitor running at, and what is the DPI set to?

Also, you said that that it happens on two different computers, and mentioned a Mac. What is the other computer, please?

5. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Monitor is a Samsung S24D300, other computers monitor is a Samsung S27E310 - unsure how to check the DPI scale on WIN10, all items are set to 100% scale.

My computer is a Mac, the LD (whom says his warmest regards to you, he requested all the DTS files few weeks back) is using a normal WIN10.

6. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

So your Mac is connected to one of the two Samsung monitors, while your LD's computer is connected to the other? Looking at their specifications on the Samsung website, their maximum resolution (and, I'm assuming, the resolution that you've set them to) is 1920x1080... please confirm all this. (If your Mac is not connected to a monitor, what resolution is the panel set to?)

"DPI" is indeed a Windows 7 term.. sorry about that. "Scale" is indeed the correct nomenclature in Windows 10, and it's set by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "Display settings". (I'm assuming this is what you were referring to, when you wrote that it's set to 100%?)

Thanks,

Dany

7. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Exactly, we are both running R36 -
    My setup is MacbookPro 13" to Samsung 24" - 1920 X 1080 - Scale to 100% (WIN10). Laptop screen is not being used.
    LD setup is PC to Samsung 27" - 1920 X 1080 - Scale to 100%. Only 1 monitor output.

Here is the good news though, I cannot reproduce this error at this point. We've been having it for a couple of days and now it seems to be working back properly.. If I ever encounter it again, I'll let you know the steps that lead to it.

Many thanks,
    J

8. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Weird!! :) I cannot recall anyone else ever reporting anything like this, and we never experienced the like in-house, so let's chalk it up to some weird, random glitch for now.

Put yes, please, Jay, if it does happen again, let me know, either on here or via email to tech support, and we will investigate. (The steps to reproduce would indeed help a lot! :)

All the best for now,

Dany

9. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

Hello Dany,
    It's back ..
    Maybe I can send you the showfile if you are interested in investigating? I can't recall the last few steps before this happened.
    [​IMG]

10. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear of this. Have you updated to R37 yet? Yes, please email your file, along with a reference to this thread, to our support address, and we will go from there; please include the Serial Code of your dongle in that email.

Cheers,
    Dany