1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Zoom on videoprojectors

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Zoom for videoprojectors with zoomlenses does work in the projectors properties, but not with the zoom tool in Cuts and Adjustments. This bug is not tied to a specific projector.

Xavier78 likes this.
  2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Floriaan.

Just finished looking into this, and you are correct, but I want to explain fully, for everyone's benefit. Video projectors with DMX-controlled zoom can only be zoomed in DESIGN mode (via the Zoom Designer Tool) or in LIVE (as long as they are patched for DMX control and the connected console is supplying the required DMX values on the correct channel); this is as intended, and there's really nothing more to say there. Otoh, video projectors with manual zoom can only be zoomed via their Properties (Fixture tab > Lens subtab); as a result, like zoomable ERS fixtures or any other fixture that features some kind of "zoom", such projectors' zoom should definitely be adjustable via the Cuts & Adjustments tool, but you are right in that it doesn't work. This is a bug which I've now added to our list and which we will fix as soon as possible.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Thanks! It is the manual zoom I would like to adjust ehm manually...