1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Why are Elatrion Proteus not in R44?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Joe, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Joe

Joe Member

The following fixture are still not listed on the new R44. Why? They were also excluded from R43. Please include them in R45.

Elation

Proteus Maximus
    Proteus Rayzor 760
    Protron Eclypse

Also the Protron 3k Color and all other Protrons under Elation are misspelled. You have them listed as Proton missing the letter R

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

Send a request with the usual membership info to Libraries Development <Libraries.Development@cast-soft.com>
    Peter and the guys are pretty quick to respond.
    They may have them already but just incase send them the DMX chart and fixture basics (size weight etc.)

With Holidays just ending may take a day but again they are usually pretty quick.

Jason.

3. Joe

Joe Member

I actually have the fixture libraries made by Cast since R42. Just wondering why i have to keep moving these library files to the latest versions.

Also they need to fix the typo.

4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

You should email Peter and ask if he can add them,
    I have about 15 or so that Cast has made for me over the years and Though I need the fixture or item for my use, In the grand scheme of wysiwyg it may not be a relevant file to include to a growing (in size) program.
    I believe the Library is the longest part of the install process for Wysiwyg.
    another reason can be as the fixture is a user requested they will generally wait to hear back as to if the fixture did in fact match real world references. this way there is not update after update.

If you ask Peter / Cast Soft they may be able to include them.
    I usually just keep a folder of the fixtures and drop them into the library after the Install, Much like I keep my custom console profiles on the saved show usb stick.

As to the typo.. well not end of the world. but a simple email back to them will solve it. heck I've emailed it over wrong folder as I know they were rush building the profile for me once. only took 5 mins to have it fixed.

As great as the forum is, sometimes a simple email will get the desired result.