1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

chain motors

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by casper, Apr 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. casper

casper New Member

hey, i am just looking around in wygsiwyg and found a chain motor, but i don't know how to use them? i lituarly have no clue and can't find anything on the internet

plz help!

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

There is no way to "make use of" or USE Chain Motor objects in the way they would be used in real life. That is a feature we are considering for the future, but we will likely not get to it until 2021 at the earliest. For now, these objects' sole purpose is to be inserted in the file, to show where they would be in real life. They have no weight or anything though, so even if you Group them with your hang structures they will not be accounted for in Truss Weight Reports. All in all, and to reiterate, they are simply objects, like the fire hydrant or the SUV or the Bored Operator.

Regards,

3. casper

casper New Member

is there any other way that i can control truss movement with dmx or MA?

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. Use Motion Axes or Frames. They are described in the manual, here and here.

5. casper

casper New Member

thank you!

6. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

As you brought up weights not included with Motor objects. and I know you have been looking into adding this but figured I ask anyhow.
    Is there a timeline or plan to be able to insert and or have default weights included with Motors or any flown object i.e. Speaker array, to the hang positions?