1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Windows Diseapper

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Briac, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Briac

Briac New Member

Hey Cast, since a few releases (R38 I think) pop up windows don't show right: You need to cancel them and click again, and sometime it work... Very annoying...
    Could you fix that?

Same Problem with 4 differents dongles and 3 differents hard gaming computers, 2 of them running Win7 and one Win10, all running wysiwyg R39 update

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry Briac, but we are not familiar with such an issue. Has anyone else reading this experienced anything like this?

Nothing like this has been reported to us--and I would think that since you say the issue has been around for a while, others would have noticed the same... after all, Popups are used quite often and by many users. Furthermore, and I'm sorry to have to say this, I'm not really sure what you mean when you say that the "windows don't show right". Do they appear in the wrong place? Do they not show what they were showing previously? Do they display artifacts?

We tried to reproduce the problem as best we could based on the little information you provided, but could not. If you can provide specific instructions (step-by-step) for how to always reproduce this issue, please post them here, so we (and maybe other users) can try the same, and reproduce the problem(s). If we can do this, then of course we will fix it as soon as possible... but if we can't it will be rather hard to fix something that we cannot see is broken.

Thank you.

3. Briac

Briac New Member

Hi Dany,

By showing not right, I meant that for exemple, when you click on the quick tools icon, the window pop up, and immedialtly diseapper like if it was on the back of the main wysiwyg window. So if you don't cancel by pressing the escape button you end up with this familiar "ding" sound when trying to hit another icon or just click in a cad window (for example).
    Could it be a gpu issue? Ours are : 2X GTX980 / 1X GTX 1080 / 1X Radeon 5870

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry Briac, but either I'm still not understanding the issue, or maybe you are expecting something else to happen when you use QuickTools in a Popup window. I captured a short video which shows that what you described above is working as intended; please see it here: https://cast.sharefile.com/d-s3f75d2ae2034c3d8. (Apologies for the very poor quality, but I didn't want to waste anyone's time with a large download; I'm sure it gets the point across though.)

If you can share something similar, showing the problem you are experiencing, I will be able to provide more information.

Cheers,

Dany

5. Tim Oliver

Tim Oliver New Member

Hi Dany

I have also seen this happening, again seems to be around R37/38 when it appeared. It can be on any pop up and is quite random. The window initially pops up but then all contents are ghosted, sometimes you get a faint outline of the window, sometimes it disappears all together. If you press escape it clears and then ALWAYS appears correctly on the second time of trying the same command.

In cad mode I have had this happen with attribute layout pop up and properties, quick tools etc.
    In Live mode it sometimes happens on trying to Export to a picture.

I'll try get a screen capture for you when I can.

Intel Core i7 5960X
    nVidia GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB

Tim

6. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

i've had that issue too, on my laptop. But seeing as it's running jus above bare min requirements, i just put it down to my laptop being a POS and just dealt with it.

for me, it was usually that the window would pop up, but not be visible except for a faint reddish outline of the outer box. hitting esc and trying again usually resets it and i see it the next time. As the others mentioned, completely random though.

7. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Briac (and Tim and Firebrand),

After reading and re-reading your messages,and the follow-up posts by Tim and Firebrand (thanks guys!), I now finally understand the problem—and there is no need for you guys to send me anything else. What confused me was the original and follow-up descriptions where you mentioned trying to use QuickTools… For some reason I thought you were trying to use this function in a Popup Window which you opened from CAD mode, but use it after you switched to another mode; this is not supposed to work, but I thought maybe you stumbled upon a bug which made it seem like you could do this, so that’s why I asked for those details.

I see now that I was wrong though—and, as it turns out, the issue you (all) described is known to us, and listed as Known Issue #36 in the R39 Update 1 Release Notes:
    I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. We do not have a solution yet, but we are working to fix it as soon as possible; in the meantime though, fortunately, a simple workaround exists.

Cheers,

Dany

Firebrand likes this.
  8. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

thanks Dany, yeah that's pretty much what I had been doing.
    It's no biggie for me, and I don't think my crappy laptop helps. Haven't had that issue on the beefier desktop machine.

i appreciate the follow up