1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

R42 Win 10 Pro + Hog 4 PC DPI settings

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Cormac, May 23, 2019.

1. Cormac

Cormac Member

Hi,
    I know this has been around for a while but if you open Hog 4PC and WYG on the same machine running Win10 Pro sometimes you get a very odd scaling/DPI settings issue when you connect the 2 programs together.
    So basically WYG scaling becomes almost unusable and very small on the screen.
    This only happens when you connect Hog 4PC and WYG in Live/device manager and not when they are both
    open simultaneously.
    I'm connecting using a DP8K.

Both programs open correclty but this only happens when i connect in Live Mode.
    Cheers C

2. ShaunC

ShaunC Member

Do you have a screenshot of the problem occurring?

3. Cormac

Cormac Member

Hopefully you can see the issue.

Attached Files:

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Unlike the ETC EOS offline editor, the Hog 4 software doesn't seem to have a high dpi setting. It is not the Wysiwyg interface being too small, it's the hog interface being ridiculously large I think. Unfortunately you cannot set a different scaling for different monitors in Windows (as you can with Mac). The only good solution for now is to run the two programs on separate computers until it is fixed...
    You also might want to try logging out and into windows after you change your display scaling settings, before trying to open both programs, as this maybe necessary for the changes to be effective, but I think you already did this, as this is in the windows warning pop-up.

5. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

You could as an intermediate solution try the large menu bar icons in wyg. Then at least you can decipher the icons...