1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

R43: LxDLLDriverLoader.exe Installation Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Max, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Max

Max New Member

Hello,

While installing Release 43 I receive an error message (screenshot attached).

The error says: "LxDLLDriverLoader.exe registration failed or timed out"

I have uninstalled previous versions of WYSIWYG, ran as administrator and cleaned up registry.
    After multiple installation attempts, the error message persists.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
    Max

Attached Files:

2. Steve Kellaway

Steve Kellaway New Member

I am having the exact same issue and have tried all of the same things without success.

3. Steve Kellaway

Steve Kellaway New Member

Had this from Cast Tech Support today, unfortunately I won't be seeing my problematic machine for a couple of weeks whilst I am tour. If anyone has any success with this please let us know.

Apologies for this trouble. Please do the following:

1. Open a Command Prompt window by running as administrator.
    To do this, click the Windows Start menu and type cmddo not press <enter>.

à A “Command Prompt” entry will appear at the top of the menu; right-click on this, then click Run as Administrator and if necessary confirm that you wish to proceed. Please see the screenshot attached here for details.

è The Administrator: Command Prompt window appears.

1. At the prompt, navigate to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG Drivers" folder.
    To do this, copy the following line (everything that’s highlighted), paste it into the Administrator: Command Prompt window and then press <enter>:

C:\>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG Drivers"

1. Register LxDLLDriverLoader.exe by running the exe with the /RegServer flag.
    To do this, copy the following line (everything that’s highlighted), paste it into the Administrator: Command Prompt window and then press <enter>:

C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG Drivers>LxDLLDriverLoader.exe /RegServer

Attempt to run WYSIWYG after this and let me know if it’s OK now.

4. Max

Max New Member

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the possible fix. I am also not going to be around my problem computer for the next few weeks. I will have to report back at a later date with my results.

- Max

5. GoMacro

GoMacro New Member

Hey guys,

Tried the above and didn't have any luck, says that the system cant run the RegServer program. Will get an excact error in a bit.

I have R43 working on my boot-camped macbook pro, but cant get it running on the actual windows system. Tried with windows 8.1 & 10.

6. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Please email techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com regarding this, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using.

7. GoMacro

GoMacro New Member

I sent a tech request in a few days ago, still waiting for a response, though i'm sure they are working on it if its a common issue.

Cheers
    Tuck

8. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry Tuck, but we never received your request. Did you simply send an email or did you submit a support case via the Members Only Area? For the latter, did you receive an automated reply, with a case number? For the former, it's possible that your email got snagged (erroneously, of course) by our spam server. Please provide (via PM to me) the email address you sent from or the case number if you have one, and we will go from there.

9. GoMacro

GoMacro New Member

I did it on the members support form. I did receive a confirmation email but now i cant fiend it. I shall submit a new email now!

Thanks

10. John Taylor

John Taylor New Member

Hello, I am having the same issue trying to install the demo version of 45. I took the Blacktrax training class in NYC in early 2020 and there was an older version of WYSIWYG demo installed from that session. I removed the old version and got the same error during the install of the new version. I've un-installed, re-installed, made sure that all the anti-virus and other stuff is off... no luck. The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG Drivers is empty, so there is no .exe to run with the /RegServer flag. I hope to get this working soon, as I will be a new customer as soon as I can make the case to a new client of mine. Many thanks! John

11. John Taylor

John Taylor New Member

FWIW, I have a Notch dongle attached to this machine and I just updated the firmware on both my Notch and my Disguise dongles.

12. onx narang

onx narang New Member

13. onx narang

onx narang New Member

Hi there everyone
    I’m a new member, I just purchased a dongle and whilst waiting for it to arrive thought I’d install the latest version of WYG as a demo to check it out and have been getting the same message as the guys, ‘LxDll.driverloader.....registration failed or timed out’.
    Any help on how to resolve this issue, before my dongle arrives as would like to get cracking with a project im working on as quickly as possible.
    Thank you

14. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

You will not be able to use the Demo installation with the dongle. The Demo is a separate application. I suggest uninstalling it, and waiting for your dongle package to arrive. Should you experience problems with the full version as well (for which the installation instructions will arrive with the dongle) please contact Tech Support for assistance.

Regards,