1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

R47 FAL shortcut

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Floriaan, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

If you select a couple of fixtures and press A, the FAL window comes up where you can drag the fixture attributes around the fixture. If you do that and press Apply/Close, leave the fixtures selected and press A again, there is no representation of a fixture to drag things around. You have to deselect the fixtures, select them again to get this back and be able to edit.

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

I just tried this as well on several drawings in R47 and R46 and found it does the same in both versions.
    Was it always like this?

3. Floriaan

Well, to be honest, the shortcut “A” for Fixture attribute layout was kept secret to me so well, that I only recently started using it. ;-)
    I cannot tell you how long this bug is there for. All I can tell is that with the current release it has this behavior.

4. darren powell

darren powell Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Floriaan,

I’ve tried getting this to fail but so far it appears fine unless I’m missing a step. I’ve emailed you a short clip so please reply and advise if I’m missing a step or indeed if this is reproducible with a new file.

Regards

5. Jason Gardash

I Played around for a bit with a new file and it worked as should.

However if both Floriaan and I can get the same habit to form then there may be something there still.

My new file was just 2 pipes, 2 different fixtures types, 4 of each fixture. and I tried going thru them menu first then just selection the 'A' shortcut
    Patching then selecting and editing.
    What differs still from my working files is layers, grouping if items (pipes and fixtures, Sets and fixtures kind of thing) that are typical in my files.
    so will play around with it a bit more or see if there is a file that does this and I can upload to you at tech support ot the file drop site.

6. Floriaan

Hi, have a look. I have all the latest drivers in place. Every time I invoke the FAL editor I do that by pressing A (not visible in the clip). Maybe it is specific to a certain fixture type. I do not see it consistently in other files.

7. Jason Gardash

Video couldn't open to be larger but after a few viewings I was able to see you are testing with a Viper Profile as well. (it's my common goto as I often am using Christie Lites gear where I am) I'll take another poke and see if it may just be the Viper line of fixtures. as odd as that may seem. it could be as I only have a partial idea of how the fixtures are built for wyg.

The Cast guys should have little more of an idea on this side of it.