1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Rotate new plots?

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by AG-LX, Sep 22, 2021.

1. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

Hi, is there a way to rotate new plots when working in PRES/Layouts view?
    I want to place a rotated side view next to a top view, matching it's pipes, in a way that there's a clear visual hint of pipe heights, scenography sizes, etc.
    Or is there maybe a better way to present that?
    Thanks!

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Make separate New Plots for each "view type", then add them to a Layout and... align at will! :)

3. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

Thanks Dany.
    I see the Item rotation option is greyed out for New Plots so I'm not sure how to flip the side view into a vertical position, so the contents match the ones in the top view 'on the Y-axis'.. does it make sense? :)

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

You're welcome AG-LX. The new New Plot type (Plan, Side, etc.) is selected as it's being created -- by right-clicking in the New Plots Shortcut Bar -- and cannot be changed once it's created. (Again, you must make separate New Plots to insert into Layouts.)

5. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

I think I'm messing up trying to explain..
    I'm working with separate New Plots and would like to print it like in the pic, but don't know how to do it:)

top2.JPG

Greets,

6. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah! OK, right-click on the New Plot Item that you placed on the Layout, select Item Properties, switch to the Plot Rotation tab and set the angle to 90 (or -90, as the case may be). You can adjust the Scale of the New Plot by right-clicking on it again and selecting Content Properties. To adjust the location of the plot within the New Plot Item's frame (outline) right-click on it, select Open Contents, resize the window that appears as necessary, and then click and drag within in order to adjust the outline's (frame's) location "around" the New Plot; changes are applied "live" so it's best to move this window to the side or to another screen when aligning the side and plan.

The attached file is a very simple example of this. You will require R47 to open it.

Attached Files:

7. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

TOP!