1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Connecting WYSIWYG to a CITP video stream

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks!' started by Dino, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | VP, Product | CAST Software

Note: This feature is available to WYSIWYG Perform only.

There are a growing number of media servers that support streaming their media content over the CITP protocol.
    WYSIWYG can be configured to receive this video source and display the content.

1. Go to the Application Settings, and on the Additional Interfaces tab, please ensure the you click on the check box to Enable CITP. Then you must restart WYSIWYG.

2. Start WYSIWYG and open the Video Manager from the Tools menu.

3. Create a new video source, click on the "+" button at the top of the Video Manager, and from the list of sources, choose "CITP Video Stream". Then click on the Browse button to look for a CITP stream that is available. If it detects one, it will be listed in the list and select it. Click OK.

VideoSource.jpg

4. Once the Video source is created, it can be displayed on any screen, LED Wall, Video projector, or primitive object that can display video. From the object's properties, set the Video Source dropdown to the Video you just created.

Result: If the video is playing on the media server and outputting over CITP, then the video should appear on the screen in 1-2 seconds and would be visible in the Shaded views.
    (N.B. When video is streaming in from a CITP source, it does not appear in the Video Manager's preview window.)

Note:
    In order for the media servers to be detected, they must be in the same logical network as your WYSIWYG computer and any and all firewalls (on your WYSIWYG computer, on the media servers, if applicable, and so on) must be disabled. For more information about how to correctly assign IP addresses for this purpose, consult your Media Server and/or Microsoft Windows documentation. For more information, refer to "To configure a new video source for streaming video" in the WYSIWYG Reference Manual.

#1 Dino, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  2. schaffej

schaffej New Member

Do you happen to know if it is possible to utilize multiple layers or surfaces when connecting Arkaos Media Master Pro to WYSIWYG? I am currently only able to stream one output.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thank you

3. denishessberger

denishessberger New Member

It would be great if Live Inputs and CITP sources would actually appear in the preview, even if it is only refreshed every 500ms or so.

4. Tim Oliver

Tim Oliver New Member

Hi Dino

I am currently trying to connect CITP with a VPU Light.

I see the VPU within Wyg but am unable to stream anything from the server no matter what video number I enter. CITP seems to be streaming to my MA2 Lite and my MA can also see wysiwyg under CITP visualiser. Is there anything else I need to check on the Wyg side before I explore further with MA.

Thanks

Tim

5. makibummer

makibummer New Member

Hi. I am having problem with wysiwyg seeing all the CITP streams. my wyg is on win10 while my CITP streamer(Pandoras Box Desktop Streamer v3) is on wind7. is there any configuration for wysiwyg to see all CITP Streams?