1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

BRM crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

The Background Rendering Manager keeps crashing, rendering a certain design. I am not sure if this program automatically reports back via de CEIP or not.

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Please email t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m with this issue, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--as this information would appear in CAST Software's database. Naturally, we will also require the file that causes this crash; please ensure that you save a Render Shortcut within this file, the use of which always results in BRMgr crashing. Does the crash continue to occur if you "lower" the rendering settings (for example, less haze/smoke, less Radiosity, etc.)?

I am assuming that this crash occurs with a particular file and not ALL your files, including an extremely simple test file which only includes a Black Box Venue, a Pipe and a fixture hanging from it. If even something like that crashes, regardless of render settings, please Repair your WYSIWYG installation (via the Programs and Features control panel) and then try to use BRMgr again.

Regards,

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. The crash only happens with a (quite complicated) file, where LED strips are shining through two semitransparent curtains. I will try to send a crash report to customer service, but it is a bit complicated since I don't have any mail accounts set-up on my Wyg machine, so it can take a while.