1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

BRM not rendering light emitting surfaces

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I have the feeling that the Background rendering Manager isn't rendering permanently light emitting surfaces. I created one on a cylinder inside a bigger cylinder with a cut-out (to simulate a stand light). I see it lighting the music perfectly in my shaded view, but not in my rendering even with the brightness set to max. Or could this have to do with my settings?

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Floriaan,

Please email t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m with this issue, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--as this information would appear in CAST Software's database.

Regards,

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Is there any answer to this question yet? In my shaded views I can see the light emitting surface, but it doesn't throw any light on objects (not even with screen glow, led glow, etc. switched on). It doesn't work for renders nor for shaded views.
    Also it could be really practical if you would be able to make a light emitting surface into a fixture group, so you could use it in design view. Right now I can only use it in live (which means I have to patch all my other fixtures only for pre-vis)