1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

cant connect MagicQ

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by nigel e, Jun 1, 2021.

1. nigel e

nigel e New Member

Suddenly my computer with Magicq will not connect to WYSIWYG on another computer via ethernet. It has been working up til recently, I can connect via wifi but its a bit slow and if I close WYG and open Capture, I can connect to that via ethernet, this has baffled me, any solutions out there?

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @nigel e

Have you tried to reinstall the MagicQ Driver for WYSIWYG (on the machine running WYSIWYG)? This may be all that's needed to resolve the issue, and is definitely worth a try before anything else.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, please provide more details about this problem. Most importantly: what is the error you are receiving? A screenshot of this would be great -- as would a step-by-step description of how you are attempting to connect.

Are you able to connect if MagicQ PC is running on the same computer as WYSIWYG?

Have you made any changes to the computer running WYSIWYG since the last time this worked? For example, did you install or remove any hardware? Did Windows install updates, perhaps without your knowledge (which Windows seems to do more and more aggressively lately)?

I will stop here, wait for your reply and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Dany

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Most of the time it is Windows Firewall kicking in after an update. If the Firewall is active on either of the two programs, the connection will not work. Usually there is a firewall build in to your modem or router, so you can disable the Windows firewall all the way. (Please don't do this for laptops that are being used at multiple locations. This is only safe to do if you are the administrator for both the modem/router and PC)