1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Dongle Doesn't Show Up In Parallels 12

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kevin, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I am trying to setup WYSIWYG to run in Parallels so that I don't constantly have to reboot my Mac. The problem is that Parallels doesn't see my dongle as a usb device. Is there something I need to install or do on my Mac to get the dongle to show up?

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I had already found that page. The problem is that the "USB Token" item doesn't show up in the USB list in Parallels.

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Most of the time, once parallels is started and your windows vm is running, removing and reconnecting the usb dongle helps to solve the problem.

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Please email techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com regarding this, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered. In order for us to provide assistance, this information will have to match the information in CAST Software's database for that dongle.

Regards,

6. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I figured out the problem. The dongle doesn't seem to like USB 3. I plugged it into a USB 2 hub and plugged that into my Mac and now it works.