1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

DWG Import Scale

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Joe

Joe Member

Why must I always be asked to scale a DWG when I import it? Many times I have to merge the DWG with a few different scale options till I find the right one. If I open the same file in the DWG viewer it never asks to scale and already knows how to scale it.

Can you guys do something about this? Make changing the scale an option instead of a requirement? Wyg should know what the scale is already just like the Auto Desk DWG viewer already does.

Floriaan likes this.
  2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Joe,

I am not sure if anything can be done about this, but we will look into it... not for R47 though (and I cannot speak beyond this version at this point).

I will say this much for now: AutoDesk's DWG TrueView (assuming that's what you are referring to) is able to open .DWG/.DXF files natively, where we have to convert them using a third-party library. While Units and Scale information may be stored in files in such a way that an AutoDesk app can interpret it, third parties may be blocked from doing so -- and if that's the case, we may not be able to ever achieve this.

Thanks,

Dany

3. Joe

Joe Member

Copy that! thanks for looking into it.