1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Fillet(s)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Bhagat, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Hello,

I hope someone can help me here. I am in release 36, and am trying to put fillets on a few lines. Making a fillet on two intersecting lines is not a problem, but adding another fillet on the other side of the line to yet another line does not seem to work at all. So if I draw a rectangle from separate lines with the line tool, and want to fillet the corners, I manage to fillet one, but not the rest. Also, when selecting the two filletted lines, nóne of the tools from the toolsmenu work/apply anymore. (I was hoping that breaking the lines at the vertices would solve this)

Thanks,

Bhagat

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bhagat,

I have to be honest and tell you that I can't recall ever trying to apply Fillet to the same Line object more than once. We'll have a look at this and get back to you asap. Please stand by.

Dany

3. risitha

risitha Super Moderator

Hi Bhagat,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, the software development team has been notified and the issue will be fixed as soon as possible. However, there is an easy workaround to be able to fillet the same line twice.

First apply a fillet to two lines, then ungroup that line by selecting it then Right-Click->Ungroup or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+U. Now fillet the line with the line on the other side, then group all of the lines together.

For the rectangle example, you would have to repeat this process for each side.

Regards,

Risitha

4. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Hi Rishita,

Aha, not Break, but Ungroup. I wasn't aware that fillets were autogrouped.
    Thanks, I will try it out,

Bhagat

5. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Sorry to bump this up, but I was again trying to do a fillet, but now the arc disapears?
    It seems that allthough the radius is set, Wyg does not take that setting while performing the action.
    Any idea's?

Attached Files:

6. risitha

risitha Super Moderator

Hello Bhagat,

Thank you for pointing this issue out. The software development team have been notified and will work on a fix as soon as possible.

Risitha

7. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Ok, thanks.