1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Fixture notes appearing on layout after upgrade to R41

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Numberwrong, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Numberwrong

Numberwrong Member

Hi, I had a drawing built in R40 but we needed to swap out some fixtures to some very new ones not in the R40 library (chauvet colorado solo batten)

I decided to upgrade to R41 to see if the fixtures were available (they weren't so I used a different fixture). I carried on with my drawing but when I got the layout stage there were a load of random fixture notes all over the drawing. I couldn't work out how to get rid of this. It was only in the 'layout' not the 'new plot'

I re did the drawing from where I left off in R40 to solve the problem, incidentally the re done file, built in R40 opens without this issue in R41

Any ideas in case this happens again?

Also, can new fixtures be added to a wyg release or do I have to wait for R42 to get the Colorado Solo batten personality?

Wyg error 1.jpg Wyg error 2.jpg

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Numberwrong,

The Fixture Notes appear because this option was enabled in the Content Properties of the CAD Item in question. If that's not it, please email techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com regarding this, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered. In order for us to provide assistance, this information will have to match the information in CAST Software's database for that dongle.

Yes, it is most definitely possible to add fixture profiles to your library between releases. All you have to do is make a Library Request for the fixtures you require, which you can do after you login to the Members Only Area of our website, at https://www.cast-soft.com/cast/member/index.php. Should our Libraries Development Department happen to have this profile ready, they will send it to you as soon as possible; otherwise, they will let you know how long they will require to create and deliver it to you. Please note that in order for new fixture profiles to be sent to you, your Membership must be up-to-date.

Regards,

3. Numberwrong

Numberwrong Member

Hi, This didn't fix the problem. To test I unchecked every box in the content properties but no joy.

I found a fix, do a fixture swap with exactly the same fixture type seems to reset things

4. sanderloonen

sanderloonen Active Member

Hi Numberwrong,

in the Plots tab, check for the attributes link. I had this same problem.

from the ref. guide.
    Links

There are three types of links in the New Plots view: positional, properties, and attributes.

The position link tracks the movement of fixtures and hang structures that are brought in from the original CAD drawing. By default, this link is in place until one of the fixtures and hang structures from the original CAD drawing is moved relative to its origin.

The properties link tracks the changes to properties for fixtures and hang structures that are brought in from the original CAD drawing. These properties include the layer line color and line weight of an object. By default, this link is in place until you modify one or more of these properties.

The attribute link tracks the changes to the attribute layout of fixtures. By default, this link is in place until you move, rotate, or otherwise manipulate the layout of a fixture attribute. For more information on attribute layout, refer to "Attribute layout".

When a link to an object is broken, all subsequent changes that are made to that object in CAD mode will not be reflected in a New Plots view. You must reestablish the relationship or link to ensure that changes made in CAD or Data mode are reflected in a New Plots view.

Reestablishing the link returns the object to its original state before the link was broken. For example, reestablishing the link of a fixture that has been moved off a pipe moves the fixture back to its original position on the pipe.

Reference Guide

Presentation mode

R40

To reestablish links

1. 1 Select the object for which you want to reestablish a link.

2. 2 From the Edit menu, choose Restore Links.

Result: The Links dialog box is displayed.

Note: The Position Link checkbox is not selected. This means that an action occurred that broke that link.

3. 3 To reestablish the link, select the Position Link checkbox.

4. 4 Click OK.

Result: The positional link is reestablished.