1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Fixtures' coordinates (X,Y,Z) in 3D Space

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks!' started by Dany, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Many customers are asking if it is possible to see fixtures' positions/coordinates in WYSIWYG (and to export this information) so I thought I'd put the answer up here for everyone: yes, this is definitely possible, as of Release 31; X,Y,Z coordinates are available both in DATA mode Spreadsheets and in PRES mode Reports. To make these visible in DATA mode, access either Spreadsheet's View Options, switch to the Data View Options tab, click to check the X, Y and Z columns and click OK, as shown in the first image attached here. To make the X, Y and Z coordinates available in a Report, access its View Options, switch to the Report tab, click to check the X, Y and Z columns and click OK, as shown in the second image attached here.

It goes without saying that this information can be exported in various formats, such as XLSX, XLS, CSV or XML.

Cheers,

Dany

P.S. In a near-future version of the software, we may add the ability to display fixtures' rotation in 3D space as well (which is not the same as Pan, Tilt or Spin information, since those values represent the fixture's rotation in relation to its hang structure, not in the way it relates to WYSIWYG's three-dimensional space).

XYZ_coordinates_display_-_reports.jpg XYZ_coordinates_display_-_spreadsheets.jpg

2. Casey

Casey New Member

This is great! I just had a programmer call me and ask for this info. It was easy to do on R32 but I did come to the stark realization that the spin and rotation would be a bit tricky to translate to other formats. Bravo and thank you for making this part of the next release!