1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Hanging fixtures.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by sienna, Apr 9, 2020.

1. sienna

sienna New Member

Hey,

I'm new to WYSIWYG and searching for something. I'm searching for (I think it's some kind of pipes) something to go down from my roof trusses and then hang my fixture on. In the picture I attached you will see what I mean. I now it's there because I've seen it in stages on WYSIWYG.

THNX! [​IMG]
    Sienna

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Sienna, welcome to our Forum!

There was no image attached to your message. Pipes are always drawn; if drawn non-interactively, they will always insert parallel to the X-axis, regardless of which View you are working in, at the Height you defined in the New Pipe dialog (after which they can be rotated on the XY-plane as/if needed). However, they may also be drawn interactively, in which case they can be drawn at any angle at all. For more information, please see the wysiwyg Reference Guide.

Regards,

3. sienna

sienna New Member

I ment this picture, do you know if it's pipes or something from the library? I'm talking about the fixtures hanging from the ceiling.

Attached Files:

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

That is a dropbar or lowhanger. I would draw a 30cm horizontal pipe at the height you want your fixture to be and then a vertical pipe that extends to the grid and then group those two pipes, so they stay together if you need to move them.

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Yup... what Floriaan said. :) Thanks Floriaan! :)