1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

LED wall render (bug)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by roygbiv, Jun 20, 2016.

1. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Taken from a user on Facebook group: 'Wysiwyg Pre-Viz Users'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/31039086528/permalink/10153494521456529/

Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem over here, maybe someone has a suggestion for this issue:

I have a file with about 40 fixtures and a ledwall.
    When i try to render with everything enabled, it crashes at the end of the render wizard and doesn't send the render to the background manager.

When i disable all the led, it starts to render and gives no problems.

I am running on windows 10, wysiwyg R36.
    The hardware (ram, processor) is not showing any struggles.
    Also did a reinstallation of wysiwyg.

Anyone has a suggestion?

I have tried it on multiple systems, both showing the same problem.

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bo,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For the record, CAST Software's Technical Support Department, offers support to our customers via phone and email; our hours of operation are 9:30AM to 5:30PM EST, Monday through Friday, except Canadian Statutory Holidays. We attempt to resolve phone inquiries right away, during the initial phone call, unless we need the customer to send us the file or provide additional details which are unavailable at the time of the call. Our email policy is to respond within 24 business hours.

We also follow this Forum, and offer solutions as soon/much as possible, but many times other users on the Forum offer solutions as well, which is great to see and in many cases it helps a user sooner, especially if it is over the weekend. However, we cannot read and respond to all questions on here, or it may take a while to do so, and the same goes for other Forums out there, such as the one on Facebook that you mentioned above. Therefore, if there was a post on the WYSIWYG Pre-Viz page on Facebook, chances are we will not read & respond to it in a timely manner. If other users are offering assistance/suggestions/solutions, this is fine, but of course we cannot be responsible for these; if such suggestions turn out to be of no use, the customer is always welcome to contact Tech Support. Once they do this, we do everything we can to offer a solution (assuming one exists), and if not, at least we now know about the issue and can add it to the list of things to be fixed. All that said, we always encourage our users to contact us directly, especially with issues such as the one above, which, I think you will agree, is in no way "generic".

As for the issue itself, without seeing the customer's file and the image he or she is displaying on the LED Wall, there is not much I can do or suggest... They could try other images (maybe of lower resolution--and if this works, reduce the resolution of the original image to the same and try again) or try to drop the resolution of the LED Wall, if that's at all possible. If this doesn't yield any results, they are more than welcome to send the file to us and we'll take things from there.

Thanks,

#2 Dany, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  3. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Of course - that makes perfect sense - I asked him to send his description and the wyg-file to tech support :)