1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Legend Fit

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by AG-LX, Aug 26, 2020.

1. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

Hi,
    I'm experiencing some issues with R44 when trying to fit a Legend item to it's outlines ("Scaling type: fit" in properties).
    There's a big blank space remaining at the right side. Pic added.
    In older versions I could fit it quite tight. Am I missing something? :)
    Greets,

Captura Legend.JPG

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I expierenced the same problem. I believe I reported this to Cast once. A workaround is to fiddle a bit with the column width, which you can set in the legend wizard.

3. AG-LX

AG-LX New Member

Hey Floriaan, thanks a lot.
    I see playing around the column width helps to reduce a bit the blank space, although it doesn't look as good as in older versions anymore. It used to be done easily and fast before.
    I found out it can look much better setting it to a fixed scaling type and checking different custom scalings. Although this is more time consuming and must be readapted with each new plot..
    Greetings,

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying I was happy to need a workaround ;-)
    I hope Cast will hire a graphic designer with deep knowledge and understanding of the needs of lighting plots and the needs of the people that need to pull information off of it and put a few nice templates in the next release. Also there are a few other problems in the presentation area that needs solving...
    https://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/pres-mode-custom-settings.1114/#post-3571

AG-LX likes this.