1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Make Reports mergable

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Floriaan, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

At this moments, reports do not merge. They can be exported as template, but that does not work all too well. I would like them to be mergable from another file including the layouts and headings.

The manual states a sharing option that is unclear to me? How can I share an EXISTING report? Or do I have to decide that I want to share a report before I even create it? And also: how do I edit this list of default reports?

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-12 om 12.02.46.jpg

#1 Floriaan, Jul 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  2. Floriaan

For some reason I posted this in feature requests. Actually it is a question. How do I carry over reports from one file to another?

3. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Floriaan. I am not sure why you also posted this here, when you also emailed me about it... as I said in my reply to you...

Unfortunately, copying Reports between files is not possible at this time. This was an experimental feature in a Beta a long time ago, which was subsequently removed. Even more unfortunately, the information about this feature made it into Help and was never removed. The only thing I can do here is apologize profusely for giving you “false hope” indicating that this is possible, when in reality it is not.

For what it’s worth, I am very much aware of WYSIWYG’s PRES mode shortcomings, and I AM planning to do something about this in the near future.

In this case, "the near future" is "next year". It is impossible to fit this into our schedule for our year-end release, I'm sorry once more.

Thanks for your understanding,

Dany

4. Floriaan

Somewhere between July 12 and August 8, I got impatient I guess… ‍