1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Mouse scroll wheel behaviour

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the past year, the behavior of the mouse scroll wheel changed. It used to interact with the item or window the mouse hovered over. Now I need to click the field or window where I need to scroll. This causes a lot of extra mouse clicks and erratic scrolls and zooms.

Example: I have a CAD window open, with a profile selected. I need to adjust pan, tilt and shutters in the Cuts and Adjustments sidebar and also want to zoom in and out a bit in the main CAD window. I used to be able to hover my mouse over the shutters and scroll, now I need to click the shutter and then scroll. This takes a lot more time than before. I would really like this to be changed back.

#1 Floriaan, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  2. darren powell

darren powell Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Floriaan,

With regards to clicking before your mouse scroll action: please check that you have enabled ‘Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them” in Windows under Settings>Mouse – with this option enabled you shouldn’t have to click first to activate the window/pane.

Then try your mouse action and let us know the result.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. Why don't you consider developing for a proper OS? I hate settings being altered just by auto-updating! This bothered me for a whole year!!!!
    Aaaaand breath in....
    o_O