1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

New Plots - Fixture Symbols

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by batman, Jun 6, 2015.

1. batman

batman New Member

Good afternoon,

I don't think there's a way to do this now but hopefully something that can added down the road...

I've drawn some vertical truss towers and rotated their position in New Plots so that the fixtures can be viewed. I'm using a bunch of Color Force Compacts and, depending on how they're focussed, they'll show up on the plot both as the plan symbol and the front symbol. I'd love to be able to change it so only one symbol appears - two different ones can be very confusing, especially when they're hung right next to one another. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?

Thanks,
    Brad T.
    Toronto, ON.

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Brad,

To get around this, please access the fixture's Properties from the Library Browser, and Change the Plan/Front/Side symbols so they are all the same, making it appear the same from all three Views. Once you've done this, right-click in the New Plot, then click Update New Plot in the pop-up menu that appears. Once you are done, you can either leave the symbols as they are, or revert them to the originals. Naturally though, if you revert and then need to Update the New Plot again, you will be back where you started, so it would be best to leave creating the New Plot to the end, once you know that no other changes will be required to the file. Not reverting doesn't do anything bad of course, but the symbols will not appear as you expect in Wireframes... if this doesn't bother you, then not reverting is probably the way to go.

Hth,

Dany