1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Opera Rear-Projektion???

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks!' started by Machtl, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Machtl

Machtl New Member

Hi,

how to make a rear-projektion opera foil in wysiwyg r33?

in the current project we use a few rear projektion screens/foils for effects...

so, whats the best way to simulate a rear projection?

thanks!

with best regards,
    martin lang - austria

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Martin,

If you are referring to creating effects such as the one in the image below, unfortunately, this is not something that can be achieved in WYSIWYG at the moment, because WYSIWYG's Shaded View (or our Render Engine for that matter) does not support Translucency. My apologies for this. (Translucency is on our list of things to implement, but, at this time, I do not know when it will be added.)

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Dany

3. Machtl

Machtl New Member

Hi,

kind of. Not actually a "shadow" projection, but a fill of Color via LEDWash-Heads and some Gobo-Projections
    via normal Spotlights.

Like in that picture. The big red surfaces in the back (top) are rear projektion Screens. With Spots and Washes
    in the back.

rearprojektion.jpg

The lower part of the red areas is a silk curtain, with light from the front and black backdrop behind.

I also figured out a strange problem with transparency. As i wrote above the lower part is a white curtain ( halftransparent)
    before a black backdrop (not transparent). BUT, when Setting a transparent value for the White curtain, the light from the
    back shines thru the non transparent black backdrop on the curtain!?!? So for prerendering some scenes i had to set the
    transparency for the curtain to 0%, otherwise it didn't work. I think thats a bug.

Thanks!

With best regards,
    Martin Lang - MEB Austria - PreVisual.AT

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, none of this will work, again, due to WYSIWYG's lack of support for Translucency.

The problem you described could indeed be a bug, but I would need your file in order to understand the problem exactly. Please send it to t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--as this information would appear in CAST Software's database.

Thanks,

Dany