1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Patch Ordering & Numbering

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Chris Yeomans, May 3, 2020.

1. Chris Yeomans

Chris Yeomans New Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to use the spreadsheet for patching and spot/fixture numbering, however I'm noticing that if I add a line of 10 fixtures across a truss, the most recent fixture added (the 10th) will be the top of the spreadsheet, and the first will be at the bottom of it. So if I were to now patch and number these fixtures, they'd be back to front. Changing the column order from A>Z to Z>A etc doesn't fix this.

Secondly, if I place fixtures across a hang structure using the Array tool, and then go to the spreadsheet and highlight the fixtures from the spreadsheet, I can see they've been added to the truss in a random order rather than consecutively. Inputting data into the spreadsheet would make my patch a random mess.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

This only happens when you add fixtures to a truss. On a pipe they will get assigned a unit number automatically (Stage Left to Right or House Left to Right - whatever you set in the defaults).
    To overcome this problem you can either use the Quicktool to add unit numbers (but why not use it for patching as well?)
    Or draw a pipe underneath the truss and add your fixtures to the pipe.

3. ShaunC

ShaunC Member

You can sort your Data Spreadsheet with up to 3x categories.
    1. Right Click in your Spreadsheet
    2. Click View Options
    3. Click Data Options Tab
    Here you can select which Columns are active, and below that 'Sort Options'

Key Sorting let's you sort by up to 3x Categories
    So you could sort by Hang Structure, Spot Number, X (position data).
    If you haven't entered Spot or Hang Structure info you could do it just by Y, and X

Usually pays to play around with it a bit, seeing what combination, and which order works for your file.