1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Quick Tools Circuit Multi Label.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Jason Gardash, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

Hey Guys,

I'm using R34. When using the quick tools to do my soca circuit patch It there a way I can have the label read as 1-1 / A-2 / A1-3 at all? right now it appears on the plot as 1 1 / A 2 / A1 3 etc.
    Makes this a bit confusing for the local hands as they read it as 11 / A2 / A13 etc.

also when creating a legend with the wizard is there a way to include truss as well. Often when I do a rigging plot I like to have a truss legend and count along with accessories like end plates / link bars etc.

I will admit I have not spent much time on the legend wizard but it seems as it's not an option right now.

Is there a way to create a 2ch MR16 Blinder. the ones we have in house are 2 channel but I only can find the single channel version of this fixture.

Jason

#1 Jason Gardash, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jason,

While it is not possible to do this when using the Multi-Cable option in QuickTools, you can achieve this by adding a Circuit Name, followed by a dash. This does indeed mean that you have to be enter the Names yourself (as you cannot take advantage of the Multi-Cable feature's capabilities), but it is the only workaround available for the time being. You bring up a very good point though, and I will enter a request to add the option to display a dash between the Prefix and the Circuit Number for Multi-Cable as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, no. Something like this should be coming in a near-future version of WYSIWYG, though not in the upcoming Release 35 (due in the summer).

Hmm.. I was hoping that maybe this could be done with via the Create Custom Conventional Wizard (available from WYSIWYG's Welcome Screen) but it doesn't look like it can make multi-circuit fixtures. I'll pass your request on to our Libraries Development Department, and they will let you know how soon they can make it for you.

Cheers,

Dany

#2 Dany, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  3. Jason Gardash

Thanks for the reply Dany,

Peter did send a fixture file to try out so I will give it a try tonight.

The other two thing.. always glad if it's possible but like they say world wasn't built in a day so understand may take some time. Manual not all that bad but if a way to add to the quick tools down the road would be great.

Thanks guys.

Jason.

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

My pleasure, Jason.

I'm sure the fixture profile that Peter sent worked out.. :)

The request for the option to automatically add a dash between the Multi-Cable name and Circuit Number was approved, so you will see this in Release 35. Trusses in Legends will take longer, as I said, but we WILL get that too, promise! hehehe

By the way, did you ever get a chance to have a look at the Truss Dividers feature (which is accessible from User Options > Show Details)? I know it's not the same as a Legend, but a lot of users find it really useful..

All the best for now,

Dany

5. Jason Gardash

Funny enough I did use the Truss divider feature for a show at the Direct Energy Center today. But I often create a truss legend for my rigging / truss layout pages that I hand out to the crew with tally counts of each length that should be on site.

Find it helps with showing where the different lengths go in the truss layout when you give each length a color of its own.

Peter always been a godsend when needing a fixture made up. :)

Jason.