1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Revision history should clear after saving from template

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Floriaan, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

The revision hiostory (and editing times) should clear after you save a template (.wyt) file to a new (.wyg) file. It now keeps the entire revision history. Sometimes I use the total editing time for billing puposes.
    Also the total editing time does not add up correctly, but maybe this is because this file now has hundreds and hunderds of hours collected over the years.

2. Thomas_G

Thomas_G New Member

What version are you using, on the latest R47 update 2, if you open a template file then save as to a new working file, it will clear the history as soon as the next time you save it, i was just tinkering with it this morning. The only issue i have for some reason is that wyg doesnt fills the name of the account that modified the file anymore, wonders if it's a bug or something wrong in windows

Edit:
    I just realised that in order to properly work as a template (save as when saving, clearing history and getting the name of the account modfiying) you have to open the template file from the template icon in the start menu of wyg. I was opening it as a regular file and it doesnt work that way, it just allows you to edit the template.

#2 Thomas_G, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  3. Floriaan

Hi, the template file was originally created quite some versions ago. Most recently saved in R46 or R45 as a template. And now I’ve created a new file in R47 last November. Revisions go back to 2019.

On top of the list there is a statement that the revision history goes back until R36

#3 Floriaan, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  4. Thomas_G

Thomas_G New Member

Our template dates back to 2018 in R40 and we are using that same file in R47. It works as intended, but you have to save twice, first save as from your template then a second after you have some work done in it and history should clear. At least it does on our end.

5. Floriaan

I can’t make a proper screenshot at the moment, but here it obviously doesn’t. I have tried plain saves but also once a save as… Both with no succes.