1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Scene changes

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Steve Martin, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Steve Martin

Steve Martin New Member

Hello,

I am wondering what would be the best way of utilizing a single drawing of a set piece in multiple locations on stage. I am currently doing this by making multiple copies of the set piece, putting them in the different positions, and then putting these copies on different layers which I can turn on or off for the various scenes. This is making the file size quite large and (I presume) WYSIWYG sluggish. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Steve Martin

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

If you don't need to have the different positions in your plots, but only for visualizing, you could consider attaching the set pieces to an axis. You could then also simulate the set change.
    if you need it for print maybe the best way is to group it and try to move it in New Plots and insert that into your layout.

3. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

I second Floriaan's suggestion here. This is not what Axes and Frames are really meant for, but they can definitely be used for this purpose. Multiple copies of the same (complex) object/s in a .wyg file are never a good idea--for the reason you already mentioned.

Cheers,

Dany