1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

See truss tubes in a top view

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Jesperspier, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

I would really like it if in top views of truss the main tubes would also be visible. This way you can better determine what space the truss actually takes up. Now I draw loose tubes over the truss where it is needed, but this is a bit time consuming. See example of what I would like to see in my images. No top tube view.png With top tube view.png

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Wow, I think you are right. An X30V Prolyte truss in wyg actually measures 0,2890 meters when measured from the top, but 0,2640 if you measure the same truss from the side. Neither of which seems to be correct. I tried to look it up on the prolate website, but couldn't find it. To my knowledge it should be 30x30 cm.

3. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Hi Floriaan, 0.2890 cm is correct.
    The Prolyte catalog says 29cm, but in fact (when you measure a real piece or open Prolyte provided drawings it's 0.2890)
    The main pipes are not drawn from the connection side of the view. This is not just a Prolyte problem, but a WYG (all truss) problem. This has never been different in wyg, but now I had a drawing where the it came very tight in terms of dimensions and I thought, has anyone ever indicated this to Cast?!

The first image I posted above is a native representation of wyg, the second is how I want it to be (in this example I have drawn pipes on the main pipes).

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I see, but the whole thing needs to be a bit smaller then. Also the measurements of the truss must match no matter which angle you are looking at it.

Jesperspier likes this.