1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Shaded View Export Image Vs Render

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Alberto, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member

Hi guys. in the attached image you can see on the left an image exported from the shaded view while on the right the render of the same scene. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

You have two sliders, one for brightness and the other for exposure. Brightness needs to be all the way down, always as this only adds a white image over your render (I don’t know why it is even there). The other slider needs to be cranked up quite a bit, until the brightest spot in your render is pure white. In R44, try this with a few tests in low res first as you won’t be able to see the preview.

Alberto likes this.
  3. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

It also looks like you moved the Aperture slider above 0, so bring it back down to 0.

@Floriaan: the Render Wizard step with the Brightness and Saturation Sliders will be removed in R45. (They are a leftover from R42, and it was an oversight not to have them removed until now.)

Alberto likes this.
  4. Floriaan

This probably means that renderings are finished too? Maybe not nice for people with less money and plenty of CPU time (during the night)

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

No, no, definitely not! Rendering is here to stay... we have no current or near-future plans to update it, but we definitely won't be removing it. :)

Floriaan likes this.
  6. Alberto

Alberto Member

Thanks Floriaan, i will try soon.

7. Floriaan

Side question to @Dany :
    Why was the brightness slider even there? All it appeared to do was reduce the transparency between the render and a full white image.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member

So Dany, about renderings in general: at first I want to tell you that I love wysiwyg so much and would like to use it for a long time yet, but two days ago I tried Depence2 and I was amazed. I agree that it is simply a visualizer, that libraries are not the best at the moment, but the quality and lightness with which it manages real time leaves you speechless. The rendering engine is a bomb. I think for you to switch to this type of rendering engine would now mean completely rebuilding your program, but I think you have to think seriously.
    Last week I presented a video with some light effects and images on surfaces. Ok that the textures were quite complex, with reflections, normal maps and transparencies but to do it it was really tiring with wysiwyg.

Floriaan likes this.
  9. Floriaan

The reality is that, although it is always possible to add optimization steps, Cast has to admit that we are at the very limit of what this (quite old) rendering engine is capable of. There are many alternatives from the gamIng industry, but licensing can be really expensive and maybe feasible for a game that you sell in volumes, but not for a lighting visualiser. I wonder how they did this at Synchronorm.

Alberto likes this.