1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Undo does not work on deformations

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I cannot describe this better. If I drag to move an object (say a mannequin, which is a library item or a riser also) and I accidentally do not move it, but deform the object somehow, undo does not work. Both things are not desirable. I should not be able to deform a library item by dragging on it with the mouse, also I should be able to undo this. The only thing I can do in this case is either restore a backup or insert the library item again.

This is a longstanding bug by the way, but I cannot see it anywhere in the forums or in the known bugs list.

2. darren powell

darren powell Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Floriaan,

If I’m understanding your description correctly the ‘deform’ issue is part of the Scaling functionality that was introduced in Release 41, providing the ability to scale an object non-uniformly (if needed). That being said you should be able to apply the ‘undo’ function or the Edit>Reset Scale option to restore the object to its default.

Can you please recheck if neither option works for you and let me know if it’s the same result on your Apple computer and PC.

Regards

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Hi, what I describe is not part of the scaling function. I can confirm that scaling can be undone. It is a bug where a library item gets deformed at a 'vertex' point. I will try to force this bug and make a screenshot, as it does not happen always.